The countdown is on for the Nutrition Capital Network – Natural Products Canada Investor Meeting, June 27&28 in Toronto. NCN-NPC will host leaders in the 'better for you' food and beverage industry, and up and coming companies in the nutrition, functional food and natural health product sectors.
Day 1: The NCN–NPC Investor Meeting starts on June 27th with industry insights including:
- Industry Overview: Deals, M&A (Nick McCoy, Whipstitch Capital)
- Canada’s Natural Product Industry Ecosystem (Shelley King, Natural Products Canada)
- Cannabis and the Consumer: What opportunities lie ahead for edibles? (Legal & Regulatory Advisors: Gowlings, Natural SciReg and KGK Science)
- The Art of the Deal: What Acquisitive Companies Look For (Chris Zedic, UNFI Canada; Matt von Teichmann, GreenSpace Brands)
- Investor Panel: Strategic global investors and how they approach the Canadian Market (Moderator: Grant Ferrier, NCN; Panelists TBD)
- Update on NHP/Supplemented Food Regulations in Canada (Kyley Paul, Natural SciReg)
- Global Taste Trends: What Will Consumers Look for in the Next 1-5 Years? (Christine Couvelier, Culinary Concierge)
Day 1 closes with a chance to swap stories with the investors, presenting companies and others at the networking reception.
Day 2: June 28th is highlight of the event: the company presentations! Strategic investors like Nestle, Coca-Cola, DSM, as well as VCs, angels and others will have the chance to hear from the following companies:
- Biomaterials developer of micro-organism fermentation process for food & beverage ingredients
- Producer of engineered yeast strains to produce cannabinoids in pills and oils as a licensed dealer under Health Canada.
- $10-12 million vertically-integrated condition-specific herbal extract and supplement manufacturer
- $3-5 million clinically backed protein-based consumer brands in bars and powders/mixes for kids and adults
- Next generation, non-dairy, non-GMO tigernut ice-cream high in protein & fiber
- Developer of a branded functional drink that can reduce 70% of plaque associated with dental disease
- $1-2 million in healthy gluten-free hand-made small-batch biscotti and snacks
- Organic cricket protein bars, gourmet crackers and fruit smoothie mix made with organically farmed crickets
- Branded supplement to improve brain performance approved by Health Canada
- Producer of specialty and medicinal mushrooms, growing kits and branded mushroom supplements
- $3-5 million end-to-end digital product sampling solution and insights platform for brands
- $1-2 million healthy breakfast monthly box subscription delivery company
- Frozen cubes to empower healthy and complete smoothies in 6 flavors
- Premium natural, gluten free, nut-free, high-fiber nutritional lifestyle bars made in Canada
- Early-stage crowdfunding platform for F&B companies that converts funder into brand ambassadors
- $4-5 million non-toxic spray quick wash for smart phones, tablets and other consumer electronics
- Prebiotic soda with only 5g of naturally occurring sugars and prebiotic root vegetables
Don't miss your chance to be a part of this exclusive event.
Visit the event website to learn more and to register!