Business Development Intern
Term position: May 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023
Location: Innovation Place Saskatoon, SK
Application deadline: December 2, 2022
Do you enjoy variety in your work? Are you looking for a diverse role in agriculture and business to advance your career?
Ag-West Bio is seeking a Business Development Intern to join the team full time from May to August 2023, with the potential for part time work to continue into the fall.
This position will provide the intern with opportunities to develop skills in marketing and communications, business development, and investing. With the role comes a significant amount of networking, a great way for the successful candidate to gain a head start building their professional network!
Reporting to the Manager of Program Development, the intern will assist with the development and execution of programs and events. Their efforts will help strengthen our community by fostering connections, promoting new technology, and providing scientific information and training to entrepreneurs. The intern will also contribute to the impact of our commercialization fund by assisting the Director of Investment with prospecting early-stage innovative companies, along with a variety of other business development activities.
Marketing and Events
- Identify topics, speakers, and target audience of interest to the ag-innovation ecosystem
- Organize logistics and details of events (including coordinating hybrid events)
- Ensure all events provide solutions for industry while also including an element of fun
- Optimize the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform to track attendance, create target audience lists, and streamline marketing activities for events
- Maintain the Sask AgriSource website
Investment and Commercialization
- Identify and research potential investment clients for the Director of Investment
- Communicate with current and prospective investees as needed
- Help to plan training programs for Saskatchewan entrepreneurs
- Organize and update existing databases as required
- are a student in agriculture, ag-business or commerce
- possess a foundational level of business acumen
- are willing to learn a variety of new skills and enjoy doing something different every day
- understand the agriculture, science, and agri-food sectors
- are passionate about Saskatchewan and developing the local economy
- are very organized and detail orientated and able to coordinate complex activities
- are self-motivated and a creative thinker
- have strong research skills and can work independently
- have a dynamic personality and strong people skills
If you have these qualities and skills, we would love to hear from you!
Send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2022.
*We want to thank everyone who takes the time to submit a resumé. However, we will only contact interview candidates.
Posted November 10, 2022
Ag-West Bio is Saskatchewan’s bioscience industry association and acts as a catalyst to move research to market and grow biobusiness in the province. We assist in commercialization in the areas of sustainable crop production, environment, health, bioproducts and value-added food processing. We aid strategic alliances and provide seed capital for early-stage businesses, and our events help create connections and build networks.