Get connected, stay informed…make a difference!
The Ag-West Bio team is working to grow the bioeconomy in Saskatchewan – and you can be a part of it. As a member, you are supporting our efforts to promote Saskatchewan’s bioscience capacity. Keep us aware of your needs, so we can work for you. Knowing your challenges, we work to keep our government informed so the sector can flourish.
Ag-West Bio can help you get your message out:
- Listing on the Ag-West Bio website
- Link to your news releases in our Weekly Update
- Link to your company newsletter
- Promote your events by posting in our event calendar
- Participate in collaborative advertising
- Opportunity to submit blogs*
- Opportunity to submit articles to the Bio Bulletin*
*editorial guidelines apply
Networking and educational opportunities
Savings on registration fees for Ag-West Bio events.
- Business-focused seminars
- Life Science Showcases featuring local businesses
- Global Biotech Week events
- Special seminars on industry issues, trends and new technologies
International presence, coordinated representation for Saskatchewan’s bioscience cluster
Save time and money as part of the Saskatchewan team at tradeshows and conferences.
Current, relevant industry information
- Weekly Update newsletter
- Bio-Bulletin e-magazine, published quarterly
- Newsfeed and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Guest blogs by industry experts
Industry representation with government
- Develop submissions for federal planning and / or regulatory purposes
- Saskatchewan input into national program development
- Business planning assistance
Business support through pathfinding, business plan development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Commercialization Fund (for qualified member companies)
And of course:
Members have the right to vote at the Annual Meeting and are eligible to be nominated for election to the AWB Board of Directors
Partner Deals for Members:
Thanks to our partnership with BioTalent Canada, Ag-West Bio members are eligible for the following benefits:
- Access to up to 5 FREE job postings per Ag-West Bio member* on BioTalent Canada’s PetriDish™
- EXCLUSIVE access to BioTalent Canada’s new sponsored Group Benefits Program** BioBenefits™
- Access and input to the BioTalent Canada Corporate Discounts Program
* A discount code will be made available to Ag-West Bio Members on the PetriDish™ job board at BioTalent Canada’s web site. Ag-West Bio members may post up to five (5) job postings on the website for free (a $200 value/job posting).
**BioBenefits™ will be exclusively available to Ag-West Bio Members in the province of Saskatchewan. Ag-West Bio members will be the only Saskatchewan biotech companies to have access to the BioBenefits™ Group benefits program.
Business Wire is the leading source for companies all over the world for news releases, photos, multimedia and regulatory filings. Thanks to our partnership with Business Wire through BioteCanada and the National Biotech Accord, Ag-West Bio members can access the following benefits:
- Complimentary Business Wire membership
- No minimum spend and a minimum 10% discount on press release distribution
- Tailored discount packages to meet our members’ needs, from startup company deals to large corporate packages
- Full-text posting of your press releases, logo, and multimedia at BusinessWire.com and at leading online news sites, portals and databases
- Distribution in Canada through Business Wire’s exclusive partnership with Postmedia Network
- Full-text news release transmission via QuickWire, Postmedia’s proprietary content distribution software
- Full-text posting of your news on a designated page on the Financial Post
- Promotion of your news through the canada.com online network
- Distribution available in English and French, with reasonable translation rates
- How to Write a News Release
- Sample Press Release
To take advantage of this offer please visit: businesswire.com
Ag-West Bio has partnered with d3h hotels.
d3h Hotels is a locally owned property management company with 12 hotels across Saskatchewan and Alberta. As Ag-West Bio members, you qualify for great rates at all our hotels. When you stay with us, we’ll make sure you feel at home with our authentic prairie hospitality. Just call us directly and quote Ag West Bio to access rates.
Book your stay at one of the 13 d3h hotels in Alberta or Saskatchewan and access premium rates.
To book, call the hotel directly and quote Ag West Bio.
For the list of hotels, visit www.d3h.ca
Membership categories and fees:
Under 50 employees: $350.00 CAD + GST
Over 50 employees: $1000 CAD + GST
$150.00 CAD + GST
$50.00 CAD + GST
- Each paid member organization is allowed one vote at the Annual Meeting.
- For major conferences, one employee per member organization under 50 employees will receive the reduced conference registration rate. Over 50 employees: a maximum of three(3) employees will receive the reduced conference registration rate.
- The $1000 rate does not apply to universities; individual schools, departments and colleges are eligible for the $350 rate.
Ag-West Bio Honorary Lifetime Membership
This is a special membership category for past board members who have served for two terms (a minimum of five years), as well as past employees who have served the organization continuously for at least five years.
- Those who feel they qualify can contact Ag-West Bio; we may also reach out to qualified individuals.
- Honorary Lifetime Members will be recognized at the start of the Annual Meeting each year.
- This will be considered a “special category” of membership and is purely voluntary.
- There will be no fee attached to this membership category.
- No voting or other special rights will be attached to this membership category.
- Honorary Lifetime members would be listed (at their discretion) in a special category on the Ag-West Bio website.
- Honorary Lifetime membership continues for life; or it can end at the request of the member at any time.
If you wish to apply for an Honorary Lifetime Membership, or you know someone who is qualified, please contact Pamela Warren or call (306) 975-1939.