One of the most valuable services we provide is helping early stage companies become investment ready.
This is a detailed process where a company works closely with Ag-West Bio management to develop a unique commercialization milestone plan. We provide input and linkages to research, market networks and funding sources, directing the companies to other services and other industry stakeholders to address gaps.
If you would like to discuss investment readiness, contact Ag-West Bio’s Director of Investment and Commercialization, Kyle Adams.
Ag-West Bio’s Technology Commercialization Investment Fund
Ag-West Bio can provide repayable investment capital and help secure matching funds for qualified early stage companies. Financing takes the form of flexible and patient risk capital and supports promising technologies at the early stages of development, when risk is too great for traditional capital sources. It ranges from $50,000 to $300,000 and is targeted to innovative initiatives that demonstrate exceptional long-term benefit to Saskatchewan and a clear pathway to commercialization. Investments are usually in the form of a loan, plus a royalty based on company revenue.
Ag-West Bio Technology Commercialization Investment Fund selection is highly competitive and only a limited number of companies receive investment. Successful companies are subject to thorough due diligence and a prescribed approval process.
To be eligible, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Have a detailed business plan that outlines extensive benefits to Saskatchewan bio-science and/or ag tech industries, in the form of:
- Job creation
- Economic activity
- Wealth creation
- Innovative new technology, product or service for those operating in the industry
- Increase in research or commercialization knowledge capital
- Significant environment impact
- Be a for-profit, Saskatchewan incorporated company and have a strong financial return opportunity
- Have a proven core technology that can scale and create measurable change
- Have an addressable market with defined market partners and demonstrated market traction
- Have a capable team with a focus on revenue and commercialization
See a detailed outline of evaluation criteria:
For more information contact Kyle Adams at Ag-West Bio.