Saskatchewan is a major food supplier to the world's rapidly growing population. More than 300 food processing companies make Saskatchewan home and employ over 5,000 people. This industry produces a wide range of cereal, meat, dairy and bakery products, as well as food ingredients. Saskatchewan's revenue from value-added agri-food products is approximately $5.2 billion annually and one of our province's targets for growth is to reach $10 billion by 2030.
The food, crop and beverage industries represent a significant growth opportunity for the agriculture sector. To keep this industry growing, the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Trade and Export Development and Ag-West Bio proudly present the seventh annual Agri-Value Forum and Networking event. This event will bring together some of the best and brightest minds in the food and beverage industry to showcase the latest trends in value-added agriculture.
This year's event, happening April 30, 2020, at the Sheraton Cavalier in Saskatoon, features sessions focused on:
- Macro-Trends in the Food and Beverage Industry, with Elaine Watson (FoodNavigator – USA);
- Innovation for Smarter Food Manufacturing, with Riana Lynn (Journey Foods);
- Update on Protein Industries Canada: Ecosystem Development and Their Fourth Pillar, Sell, with Meghan Gervais;
- Protecting Your Brand During Times of Crisis, with Dr. Shannon Hood-Niefer (Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre Inc.), Lyle Orwig (Charleston | Orwig), Rob Hendry (Miller Thompson Avocats | Lawyers) and more;
- Saskatchewan Business Success Story and Report on Nuffield Scholar International Research Project with John Cote (Black Fox Farm & Distillery); and
- Keynote Presentation by Dana McCauley (University of Guelph).
The event will be followed by an evening reception at the Top of the Inn. Attendees will be able to network with industry representatives and government officials, including the Honourable David Marit, Minister of Agriculture.